System-/Family Therapy – Continuing Education Regulations
The most comprehensive and practice-oriented advanced training program currently available internationally. They start their own system therapies with clients and patients under guidance and supervision in the teaching practice already during the advanced training.
System therapy is a therapeutic procedure that understands the individual in the context of his or her relationships to the social environment. The integration of the individual into the family, the circle of friends, the working world and the social institutions is decisive for his world view, his feelings and sensations, his desires, longings and concerns.
In the context of system therapy, “problems” or “symptoms” are not understood as an expression of an individual pathology, but as attempts to find solutions that do justice to the different motives, needs and goals of a social system.
However, “symptom” attempts to solve problems are “emergency solutions” because they always have painful consequences for the individual and the social system.
This calls for new solution patterns that better meet the individual and system-related requirements for satisfactory development. System therapy uses the creative solution potential, the resources of an individual, a family, a group, various institutions involved in a problem, to make the constricting “emergency solution” superfluous.
The basic idea is that every person and every system is in principle capable of creatively developing new patterns or successfully transferring existing solutions to problem areas. The therapeutic conversation offers a protected space to initiate, structure and accompany this creative transformation process.
The system therapeutic advanced training qualifies in a special way for work in outpatient and inpatient pedagogical-psychological workplaces and counselling centres, e.g. school psychological counselling, child and youth counselling, intercultural migration work, schools, homes, penal system, probation assistance, clinics, therapeutic practices, etc.
Further Training Concept
The extra-occupational advanced training course “System Therapy” teaches theoretical and pragmatic application-related concepts of system theory and therapy in thematic seminars. On the other hand, the working possibilities with special problem systems, the basics of systemic individual and couple therapy, crisis intervention as well as the context conditions of therapeutic work are learned.
The personal development of the training candidates is promoted by self-awareness seminars and the professional work is accompanied by continuous supervision.
Through reflection of theory and practice in peer group work, the overall process of the further training course is supplemented in individual aspects and theory and application-related questions are dealt with.
A one-week special seminar on the main topic of “therapist personality” deepens the further training and concludes with the examination to become a “system therapist – family therapist”.
– Studies in psychology, pedagogy, social work, social education, medicine or a completed education in a psychosocial, pedagogical or nursing profession.
– possibility of working with individuals, couples, families and social systems
– Self-therapy/self-experience desired
Structure of the training
The further training to become a “system therapist – family therapist” lasts approx. 3 1/2 years, which usually means one weekend per month.
The total number of training units is 888 AE (theory, practice, supervision and self-awareness) + 160 AE in the peer group, a total of 1048 AE.
The further training corresponds to the guidelines of the professional associations.
– 480 AE weekend seminars with theory and practice (30 weekends)
– 160 AE Peer group
– 160 AE Supervision (10 weekends)
– 80 AE Thematic Seminars (5 weekends)
– 16 AE special seminar ( 1 weekend)
– 112 AE self-awareness (7 weekends of which min. 3 in human psychodrama)
– 40 AE Therapist personality (5 days block)
Contents of the training course
Fundamentals of Systems Theory and Therapy
– History of Systems Theory
– Fundamentals of constructivism
– System Therapeutic Concepts:
Analytical system therapy, structural system therapy, development-oriented system therapy, the Palo-Alto approach, the Milan approach, solution-oriented approaches.
The System Therapeutic Process
– Initial interview, system recognition and hypothesis formation
– Choice of setting and contract formation
– Therapy plan, access dimensions and process diagnostics
– Contract modification, working with subsystems
– Closing and farewell
Techniques of system therapy
– Joining, Pacing, Leading
– Paradoxical Intervention
– Circular and solution-oriented questioning
– Homework and prescriptions
– Family sculpture
– Family genogram
– Working with metaphors and symbols
Thematic Seminars – Special Problem Systems
– System therapy for special symptoms such as addiction, psychosomatics, violence, sexual abuse, suicidal tendencies
– Crisis intervention
– Individual Systemic Therapy
– Systemic couple therapy
– Context conditions of therapeutic work
– Psychodrama self-experience
– Systemic self-experience
Peer group meeting
– to process the theory, work on presentation topics, peer supervision, further training questions.
Seminars and their topics
|Seminar 1||Introduction to the schools of psychotherapy – system therapy – 1st order cybernetics|
|Seminar 2||Concepts of 2nd order cybernetics|
|Seminar 3||Human Communication I|
|Seminar 4||Human Communication II|
|Seminar 5||Analytical Family Therapy I|
|Seminar 6||Analytical Family Therapy II|
|Seminar 7||Structural family therapy|
|Seminar 8||Developmental family therapy|
|Seminar 9||Paolo Alto Approach|
|Seminar 10||Milan Approach|
|Seminar 11||Solution-oriented short-term therapy|
|Seminar 12||Narrative and dialogical therapy|
|Seminar 13||Discussion with the approach of Bert Hellinger|
|Seminar 14||The initial discussion, collection and evaluation of preliminary information|
|Seminar 15||Structure of the initial interview, “classical variant|
|Seminar 16||Structure of the initial interview, “solution-oriented variant|
|Seminar 17||Hypno-systemic consulting|
|Seminar 18||Evaluation of the initial interview|
|Seminar 19||Variants of Feedback – Therapeutic Commentary|
|Seminar 20||Written commentary|
|Seminar 21||Contract proposal and negotiation|
|Seminar 22||Therapy planning, access dimensions|
|Seminar 23||Process diagnostics|
|Seminar 24||Closing and farewell|
|Seminar 25||Evaluation and Assessment|
|Seminar 26||Working with Subsystems and Contract Modifications|
|Seminar 27||Working with Parental Subsystems|
|Seminar 28||Working with Marital Subsystems|
|Seminar 29||Working with children|
|Seminar 30||Working with cross-generational systems|
|Seminar 31||Individual Systemic Therapy|
|Seminar 32||Contract modification|
|Seminar 33||Methods and techniques of system and family therapy|
|Seminar 34||Circular questioning|
|Seminar 35||Solution-oriented questioning|
|Seminar 36||Reflecting Team|
|Seminar 37||Cooperative discussion moderation|
|Seminar 38||Homework and prescriptions|
|Seminar 41||Working with metaphors and symbols|
|Seminar 42||Special problem systems|
|Seminar 44||Sexual abuse|
|Seminar 45||Suicidal tendency|
|Seminar 48||Systemic single/pair therapy|
|Seminar 49||Crisis intervention|
|Seminar 50||Context conditions of therapeutic work|
|Seminar 52||Humanistic Psychodrama 1|
|Seminar 53||Humanistic Psychodrama 2|
|Seminar 54||Humanistic Psychodrama 3|
Abschluss und Prüfung
– Proof of participation in all advanced training courses
– Proof of 160 AE Supervision (including live or video demonstrations, case reviews)
– Detection of 20 peer group meetings
– Written presentation of a system therapy (at least 40 DIN A4 pages)
– Written presentation on a theoretical topic (at least 15 DIN A4 pages)
The total cost of further training to become a family/system therapist, including psychodrama self-experience, supervision and theory seminars, is € 6,300 plus VAT.
If necessary, a subsidy or financial aid can be applied for from our association.
Administration and Organization
– proof of professional and/or university certificates)
– Curriculum vitae
– 1 photo
– Motivation for further training
– Presentation of previous therapeutic or consulting experience
A training contract is concluded.