Journal Submission Guide
Welcome to our ICCPP journal! We are excited to receive your manuscript for potential publication. To assist you in the submission and publication process, we have put together a guide for authors:
Scope of the journal
Please review the scope of our journal to ensure that your manuscript is appropriate for our readership. Our focus includes research, theory, and clinical applications of psychological assessment, diagnosis, and treatment. We also welcome articles that address the intersection of psychology with other fields such as medicine, neuroscience, and public health.
We ask that your manuscript adheres to our guidelines, which are available on our website. Please ensure that your manuscript includes the following sections: title page, abstract, introduction, methods, results, discussion, and references. In addition, please make sure that your manuscript is formatted according to our guidelines, including margins, font size, and line spacing. Manuscripts should be written in English and follow the guidelines set forth in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (7th edition). Please include a statement in your manuscript indicating that you have obtained ethics approval from the relevant institutional review board. All authors must disclose any potential conflicts of interest in relation to the research reported in their manuscript.
- Manuscripts should include the following sections: title page, abstract, introduction, methods, results, discussion, references, tables, and figures.
- The title page should include the title of the paper, a running head, the names of all authors, their affiliations, and contact information for the corresponding author.
- The abstract should be a concise summary of the research, including the objectives, methods, results, and conclusions. The abstract should not exceed 250 words.
- The introduction should provide background information on the topic of the research, including relevant literature and the rationale for the study.
- The methods section should provide a detailed description of the study design, participants, measures, and procedures.
- The results section should present the findings of the study, including statistical analyses and figures or tables where appropriate.
- The discussion should interpret the findings in the context of previous research, discuss the implications for clinical practice, and identify limitations of the study.
- The references should be listed in alphabetical order and follow the APA style.
- Tables and figures should be included at the end of the manuscript and should be clearly labeled and referenced in the text.
It is important that your manuscript adheres to ethical principles in research involving human subjects. Please provide details regarding the informed consent process, confidentiality, and institutional review board approval in the methods section. If your manuscript reports on a clinical case, please ensure that the client’s confidentiality is protected and that appropriate ethical guidelines are followed.
For transparency, we encourage authors to submit an author statement file outlining their individual contributions to the paper using the relevant Credit roles: Conceptualization; Data curation; Formal analysis; Funding acquisition; Investigation; Methodology; Project administration; Resources; Software; Supervision; Validation; Visualization; Roles/Writing – original draft; Writing – review & editing.
Changes to Authorship:
Authors are expected to consider carefully the list and order of authors before submitting their manuscript and provide the definitive list of authors at the time of the original submission. Any addition, deletion, or rearrangement of author names in the authorship list should be made only before the manuscript has been accepted and only if approved by the journal Editor. To request such a change, the Editor must receive the following from the corresponding author: (a) the reason for the change in author list and (b) written confirmation (e-mail, letter) from all authors that they agree with the addition, removal, or rearrangement. In the case of addition or removal of authors, this includes confirmation from the author being added or removed
As an author, you (or your employer or institution) have certain rights to reuse your work. Please visit our website for more information on author rights.
Role of Funding Source
You are requested to identify who provided financial support for the conduct of the research and/or preparation of the article and to briefly describe the role of the sponsor(s), if any, in the study design; in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; in the writing of the report; and in the decision to submit the article for publication. If the funding source(s) had no such involvement, it is recommended to state this.
Use of Word Processing Software
It is important that the file be saved in the native format of the word processor used. The text should be in a single-column format. Keep the layout of the text as simple as possible. Most formatting codes will be removed and replaced on processing the article. In particular, do not use the word processor’s options to justify text or to hyphenate words. However, do use bold face, italics, subscripts, superscripts, etc. When preparing tables, if you are using a table grid, use only one grid for each individual table and not a grid for each row. If no grid is used, use tabs, not spaces, to align columns
All manuscripts submitted to our journal undergo a rigorous peer review process. Our reviewers are experts in the field and will provide constructive feedback to help you improve your manuscript. Please be prepared to address reviewer comments and make revisions as needed.
We accept manuscripts via our online submission system. During submission, you will be asked to provide information about yourself and your co-authors, as well as details about the manuscript. Please ensure that all relevant details are included in the submission process.
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure that the following items are present:
- All necessary files have been uploaded, including the manuscript, figures, tables, and supplementary material.
- The manuscript includes a title page with the corresponding author’s contact information.
- The manuscript follows the APA style.
- The manuscript has been spell-checked and grammar-checked.
- The manuscript includes a statement indicating ethics approval and potential conflicts of interest.
- The manuscript includes a concise abstract of no more than 250 words.
- All references mentioned in the reference list are cited in the text, and vice versa.
- Tables and figures are clearly labeled and referenced in the text.
If your manuscript is accepted for publication, you will be notified of the publication date and the expected publication format. The final version of your manuscript will be published online and may also appear in print. Please note that we may request revisions or additional materials prior to publication.
Upon acceptance of an article, authors will be asked to complete a ‘Journal Publishing Agreement.’ An e-mail will be sent to the corresponding author confirming receipt of the manuscript together with a ‘Journal Publishing Agreement’ form or a link to the online version of this agreement.
We hope that this guide has been helpful in preparing your manuscript for submission. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to reviewing your work!